For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, the data controller is North SP Group Limited (registration no: 11106449, Building A, Riverside Way, Camberley, England, GU15 3YL).
We only collect the information which we need to perform the contract of the supply of goods and/or services to you. We collect and process the following data:
- Any correspondence between you and us, your responses to any surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes, details of any transactions which you carry out through the service, and details of your use of the service;
- Personal information, such as name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, and gender and by registering and using services, filling in forms on our website www.north.tech
- When you contact us via telephone, including information provided when you: enquire about a specific product or service; request information via telephone; request a call back; respond to a campaign; enter a competition or promotion; submit a question to us or provide us with feedback.
Our Legal basis for processing client data is contractual for the following activities:
- We process customers’ personal data to enable them to access and use our products and services, to provide service support and maintenance;
- We receive customers’ personal data direct from end-users to enable them to access and use our products and services, to provide service support and maintenance services;
Our legal basis for processing customer data is Legitimate Interest for the following activities: -
- We use personal information to communicate with customers in relation to service provision, announcements, and product/service information;
- We use personal information to send Customer Survey requests forms following support calls, project closure and consultant activity;
We use personal information to conduct Customer Surveys.
- When we process your personal data for our legitimate business interests, we always ensure that we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection laws.
- Our legal basis for processing customer data is consent for the following activities:
- Communicating new product/service information;
- Communicating with you in relation to products and services that may be of interest, based on your industry sector or the previous products/services we have provided to you;
Where consent is withdrawn, we will be unable to send you information related to these subjects, which may mean you cannot be informed about new features and developments.
You are provided with an opportunity to opt-out from receiving communications from us at the time that your details are submitted and on each occasion that you are contacted thereafter. Your data will be processed in line with the Principles and Individuals Rights of the General Data Protection Regulation. By voluntarily submitting personal information to us, you consent to your personal information being held and processed by us for the purposes set out above.
Each time you visit our website we may automatically collect the following technical information: your IP address; browser type and version; browser plug-in types and versions; and your operating system and platform.
In addition, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit to our website: your URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information; methods used to browse away from the page; and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information for the following purposes: (i) to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; (ii) to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and (iii) as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
When delivering services over the internet, it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve a number of possible purposes:
to speed up websites by avoiding sending the same information every time;
to measure general usage of the website to help us improve; and
to recognise returning visitors so we can highlight new/changed information since your last visit.
You can block/remove cookies using your browser.
There are two main types of cookies, first-party and third-party.
First-party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled directly by us and used to provide information about general usage of our website.
Third-party cookies: these are cookies used by other companies’ tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example, Google Analytics, LinkedIn and Facebook Like buttons have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Storage & Disposal
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have required, to administer your relationship with us, to comply with the law, or to ensure we do not communicate with people that have asked us not to. When we no longer need information, we will always dispose of it securely. Your information will not be transferred out of the European Union without your prior consent.
You agree that the personal information which you provide to us may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). You acknowledge that the data protection legislation in countries outside the EEA may not provide the same level of protection.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely to protect against its loss, misuse and alteration.
We take steps to ensure that any organisations that we share your data with will have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored correctly.
The Data Protection Legislation provides you with the right to: (i) request access to, deletion of or correction of, the personal information which we hold about you; (ii) request that your personal information be transferred to a third party; (iii) and complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.