Group QHSE Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our growing business for an experienced professional to be responsible for Health and Safety, promote, maintain and report on all aspects of Quality, Environmental, GDPR and Cyber Security compliance across the business, ensuring all ISO, NSI, BAFE, NICEIC standards are upheld.
This multidisciplined role involves establishing professional working relationships and delivering service excellence, whilst observing and achieving deadlines, reflecting our core values of collaboration, community, creativity, humility and service.
Health & Safety
- Ownership and management of health and safety across the business, developing strategies, policies and procedures
- Carrying out risk assessments and site inspections to ensure compliance
- Liaising with regulatory authorities to ensure compliance with mandatory regulations
- Accident investigation, reporting and recommendations
- Maintain training and service partner accreditations
- Harmonise quality management systems across the business to ensure ISO compliance
- Agree annual business objectives in line ISO accreditation, developing strategic plan for overall certification
- Carry out aspects of awareness training and update management system objectives and targets
Compliance and Auditing
- Manage business industry certifications specifically NSI, BAFE, NICEIC
- Train champions across the business to carry out audits to ensure our processes mirror what we do in practice..
- Investigate and pursue audit findings, ensuring timely closure of any actions
- Represent the company, meeting with external assessors to ensure compliance with the certifications
- Reporting monthly and annually on Quality, Health & Safety, Environment, and Information Security
- GDPR develop compliance and documentation working with the DPO.
Skills & Experience Required
• Strong organisational and time management skills, prioritising effectively to meet multiple deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to liaise confidently at varying levels of authority, internally and externally
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Self-motivated and able to use own initiative to apply forward thinking mindset
• Appreciation of business processes, procedures and best practice in order to carry out effective audits
• Strong PC skills with working knowledge of MS office applications, databases and business portals
• Active participation and lead in meetings, recording details and writing reports
• Ability to confidently express opinion, steer and influence others
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
• Educated to degree level in Health & Safety and compliance
• Lead Auditor qualification
• IOSH Managing Safely / NEBOSH or equivalent H&S accreditation
At North, we work to continuously create an engaging and interactive work environment for our employees. We offer a desirable benefits package which includes competitive salary, performance related bonus, company car allowance, 33 days holiday including bank holidays, healthcare, group life assurance and contributory pension.